Friday, September 20, 2013

LFW: Midi trend

London Fashion Week has come and gone and all eyes are on Milano now. I am forever biased towards London though because I love the city to death. You have to admit, London designers always deliver that unique brand of cool you won't find anywhere else. Browsing through the LFW shows, one thing caught my eye among the collections and it's the new hot hemline: Mid-length!

Christopher Bailey sent girls down the runway in super chic lace midi pencil skirts at Burberry Prorsum with hot pants (or granny panties?) underneath and clutches in hand. I love the fun hot pink clutch with appliqués in the third look. 

Christopher Kane had a whole biology textbook-inspired collection complete with petal cut-outs and flower diagrams on A-line midi skirts and dresses. 


J.W. Anderson, clean and textured. I think I like the idea of that shoulder baring asymmetrical poncho-style cropped top.

House of Holland has that mix of street sensibilities and femininity with lace and graphic prints. I want the outfit in the 2nd photo. A bit reminiscent of the whole D&G A/w 2013 religious motif and lace but still cool.

I think it would be amazing if this trend really takes off. Midi skirts give that classy lady-like look and I think a lot of young girls nowadays need a good lesson on being more lady-like and less Miley Cyrus-ish. Time to bury those butt-baring short shorts and micro-mini skirts in your closets, girls because the mid-length hemline is about to take over. 

all photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment