Monday, September 23, 2013

Cartoony, polka-dotted, and graffitied

First, we saw these Alice in Wonderland-ish polka-dotted looks at Burberry Prorsum in London. I love a good graphic dose of polka dots and stripes anywhere and they did a good job breaking up all the lacy loveliness of the collection a bit.


Then more polka-dot action ensued over at Milan Fashion Week as Moschino, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary, presented looks with quirky and playful little details which the label is known for. Good girl vs. bad girl, which one are you?








More polka dots spilled out on the runway at Dolce & Gabbana. The duo followed up their amazing last collection with another dreamy one. Once again inspired by Sicilian culture and artifacts, this collection on the other hand is more ethereal and romantic in my opinion. Some dresses were blooming with flowers that look like they're about to fall off and leave a trail of petals.





I think one of my favorites this season though would have to be Prada. All the colors, street art, political commentary, and just plain coolness of this collection is making my head spin. Graffiti artists and muralists created the amazing backdrops of the runway and "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears formed part of the playlist. 






all photos via style.com

I am just obsessed with the mishmash of everything, the cartoony pop art, the embellishments, the bra tops on coats and dresses, and the sporty details. Plus, those are some really comfortable-looking footwear and the legwarmer soccer socks remind me of my varsity days in high school. I haven't liked a Prada collection so much since Miuccia put illustrations of fairies and nymphs on her Spring 2008 pieces. Dear Miuccia, Thanks for the visual overload that serves as an inspiration to women everywhere. Growing up in the nineties I just gotta say, girl power!

No comments:

Post a Comment