Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chanel Inspirations

Once upon a time there was Madamoiselle Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, an influential French fashion designer who liberated women in the post-World War I era through her couture. If you've read anything about the life of Coco Chanel, or maybe watched something about her, you'll know it gets more interesting than that. What now is a global fashion powerhouse actually comes from humble beginnings just like any other business. I appreciate how the brand looks back to its origin and somehow remains true to its essence. Chanel's creative director since 1983, Karl Lagerfeld made a short film called Once Upon A Time which takes us back to Mademoiselle Chanel's early enterprising days. I find the video so dreamy that I'm transported back to that time when you wear an elegant dress with a huge feathered hat for a walk around town
Then I wake up to Uncle Karl's latest space age ad campaign, over-accessorizing, stacked rings, lego clutches, and designer surf boards, which isn't half bad I guess  







No comments:

Post a Comment