Saturday, May 11, 2013

Department Store Dreamlands



I don't know when or if this will ever be shown in theaters here in Spain, but I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this documentary. Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman is basically about how people go crazy over this Manhattan-based luxury department store, situated right on the famous Fifth avenue of New York. It's amazing to see how a business can inspire so many people to do what they do best in the name of fashion. The documentary will introduce you to interesting personalities like Betty Halbreich, the store's legendary 85-year old personal shopping queen, David Hoey, the man behind the amazing and out-of-this-world window displays, and Linda Fargo, the woman who according to Time magazine is "the luxury department store's chief trend spotter, ambiance master and gatekeeper of style."









































My favorite department store on the other hand is called Liberty of London. It's located on Regent Street in the West End shopping district of Central London, a city I'm perpetually in love with. Here are some instagram photos I took of Liberty during my last trip to London this past Christmas break, just in time for the Boxing day sales of course! It's just unlike any other department store I've ever seen. I love the store's mock Tudor facade, its enchanting interiors, and its wonderfully curated selection of luxury goodies.
































No comments:

Post a Comment