Friday, September 13, 2013

Sneaker collabs

I know many of you out there think that it is absolutely wonderful, and a blessing from heaven for our high-heel-tortured footsies, that sneakers are quite the on-trend complements to any outfit right now. I, for one, am literally jumping with joy. Being a staunch supporter of designer collaborations, I'm also really excited about recent collaborations between the sneaker and fashion worlds.

Kenzo teamed up with Vans and came up with visual candy for the feet. I love all of the prints and the price tag isn't so bad either. I think this collaboration is amazing for their brand, it's the perfect way to reinforce the street cred they've been gaining lately.






Another awesome collaboration that's been rocking the fashion world is one of the elusive Maison Martin Margiela fashion house and Converse. I'm a fan of Margiela (I scrambled to H&M on my lunch break the first day their collaboration came out) and I think this sneaker concept is genius.






Converse classics are hand-painted in white to give that incognito feel the Maison is known for and as you wear them, the paint cracks as it reveals the original color of the shoes underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment