Thursday, August 22, 2013

White Hot Summer Hits

Summer's almost over. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. White has been the color of summer for me this year having bought several white things and just loving them. Being quite clumsy and highly prone to spillage problems, I admire how other girls can keep their white stuff absolutely pristine. It's like this thing grown ups do that I haven't quite mastered yet, although I have been extra careful (being a big girl now and all). Looking back, I picked out three items in white that seem to have been some of the favorites this season around the fashion blogosphere.



The lust-worthy Chanel espadrilles (via The Blonde Salad



The now iconic I Heart Nueva York muscle tee from 3.1 Phillip Lim



This skort from Zara which I shamelessly succumbed to, it being totally affordable (I got it in black and it just transports me back to the 90's when skorts were all the rage along with overalls and the Spice Girls) Check out this top 10 list by Cocorosa and decide who wore it best.


Speaking of white, aside from a white sand beach on a faraway island , I would love to be here right now:







The cloud-like Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2013 in London looks like an architectural dream! It's designed by the Japanese architect Sou Fujimoto. "Inspired by organic structures, such as the forest, the nest and the cave, Fujimoto's signature buildings inhabit a space between nature and artificiality." Too bad it's only a temporary structure. It will soon disappear just how summer will say goodbye as the cold slowly creeps in again and we're forced to unearth those jackets and scarves hiding deep in our closets. I guess that black skort from Zara will still be useful for layering this fall. Now let's see which trends will actually carry over to the next season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment