Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Dressin'


I am totally feeling this video by Topshop starring Kate Bosworth. It almost gives you a taste of the lazy summer days ahead when we can actually stop wearing our coats and layers upon layers of clothes. Yes, it currently feels like winter again even though it's almost summer here in Madrid and I want to be able to just wear a dress POR FAVORRR.





Acid washed denim dress (center) is from the Topshop festival edit featured in the video above. I am in love with the print of the dress on the left which is from Planet Palmer and the texture mash-up of the dress on the right from Lentejita with a white faux leather top and satin skirt. Planet Palmer and Lentejita are two young Spanish brands fresh in the scene.




Lentejita was started by two young MadrileƱas, one of whom is my classmate in IED, Eli who has super laid-back style and the most amazing long blonde surfer girl hair. It's not surprising that their brand is oozing with laid-back style as well with fresh minimalist pieces in mostly neutral colors. Their designs are easy to wear and can go from day to night. I do love fun colors and having trendy pieces in my wardrobe but recently, and I think it kinda comes with age, I've been more practical in buying clothes. Neutral colored clothing in classic cuts are timeless pieces that won't go out of style easily and Lentejita is one of those classic but cool brands.



























On the other hand, this other Madrid-based brand started by three young Spanish girls is all about flashy prints and fabrics. Planet Palmer Project's first collection features prints from cotton candy clouds to fluffy pink flamingos. I love the enchanting graphics on their clothes and their website. Their dresses look so fun and cute, I just want to eat them all up! It's nice to see young entrepreneurs starting their own fashion labels especially with the economic crisis that has hit Spain really hard. Keeping my eyes peeled for more local labels from fresh talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment