Monday, April 22, 2013

Première Vision and Paris


Last February my class had a trip to an edition of Première Vision in Paris, the world's premier fabric show where we saw fabric trend forecasts for Spring/Summer 2014. Unfortunately, taking pictures was strictly prohibited, although I did take pictures of the endless rows of booths where fabric manufacturers and other suppliers exhibited samples of their goods. Fashion retail professionals and designers from all over the world were there to pick up everything they could ever want for their upcoming collections. Going there as a student, I spent hours just looking at fabric and leather swatches, yarns, prints, accessories, etc. It was fun pretending to be an interested buyer for a company with my classmate Esteban just to get information for a project we have. If I was there buying for a retail company, I would probably go crazy. The possibilities are endless with the dizzying amount of options. The central areas for each section where they had the trend forecasts and fabric samples labeled with the supplier information were quite helpful though.









































After Première Vision, I had some time to check out the beautiful palace where Marie Antoinette once lived in a little town called Versailles in the western suburbs of Paris. Absolutely stunning.























The first time I went to Paris was during the A/W 2011 Paris Fashion Week. Aside from doing all the requisite tourist stops, I met up with my ex-boss and favorite Filipina milliner, Mich Dulce. She took me to a fashion trade show called Tranoï where I had an amazing time looking at beautiful clothes from different designers in the most beautiful venues like this gold gilded room.






















We also went to the super hip Parisian boutique, Colette where my favorite street artist Fafi happened to be customizing Chanel 2.55 bags in a Colette x Chanel pop-up shop on Rue Saint Honoré. 

















































































Total art and fashion retailgasm, which is always the case in Paris. I can't wait for my next visit, I obviously have to go back. As Audrey Hepburn once said, Paris is always a good idea. I couldn't agree with her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment